We are a growing and well-loved dog daycare looking to hire full-time and part-time dog handlers to join our tight-knit staff.
No dog experience needed. More important is having a calm but assertive personality and energy. We will teach you all skills needed. If you have the right stuff, we will mold you into a true pack leader, having the right presence and authority to command the respect of the dogs — which translates to being effective with people too.
This is a very active position — it’s not just sitting around playing with dogs. Throughout your shift you will clean pee and poop, feed dogs, give dogs baths, check on dog’s health, and drop off or pick up dogs. You will be the referee of play for the dogs as they play with each other. And yes, you will play with them also!
There are four different shift schedules available:
1. Full-time mornings — Monday to Friday, 7am to 2pm (35 hours a week, up to 40 hours if wanted)
2. Full-time afternoons — Monday to Friday, 2pm to 8pm (30 hours a week, up to 40 hours if wanted)
3. Part-time mornings — Monday to Friday, 7-11am (15-20 hours a week)
4. Part-time afternoons — Monday to Friday, 4-8pm (15-20 hours a week)
If you want more hours (up to 40 a week) or fewer hours (as little as 15 hours a week), we can discuss and see if we can accommodate your preferences.
* You should love dogs — you must truly care about their well-being; making them happy makes you happy
* Always on-time — if you aren’t, you won’t last with us
* Hard-working — this is a physical job, not just sitting around playing with dogs
* Good memory for names — you’ll be tested on which dog has what name
* Can follow systems and protocols — we run an tight shop and you must follow the way we do things
* Good team member — get along with your teammates and communicate well
* Always contactable — must have working phone always
We always promote from within — this is a job with growth opportunities. Also, a perk available to all staff is the ability to bring your own dog to daycare every day for almost free (less than $20 per week).
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. Your resume
2. A paragraph telling us why you are interested
3. When you are available to start
4. Shift schedule preference
5. Location preference (midtown Manhattan, Williamsburg, or Long Island City)