Safe, fun daycare supervised by professionals
Daycare is the heart of our service to you. Done right, daycare brings happiness and health to dogs — and peace of mind to dog owners.
We pride ourselves in offering high-quality care based on a proven dog pack handling approach, combined with superior convenience and service.
Our regular daycare users are special to us, and we prove it by giving you perks and discounts on all our other services, including boarding, baths, and our retail boutique. Come join the pack!
- Dogs are pack animals by nature and are happiest when they get to have fun and socialize with others all day. A brief daily poop-and-pee walk is often not enough.
- After a fun-filled day with us, your dog will have less excess energy, and will be ready for calm, quality time at home with you.
- Your dog will get plenty of physical and mental exercise, contributing to health and well-being.
- It’s easy to incorporate into your dog’s needs and weekly routine, with flexible, no-commitment pricing to suit any schedule from once a week (or less) to every day.
We maintain a safe, playful daycare environment
- Our daycare is supervised at all times by staff who serve as pack leaders. We believe it’s essential for the safety and happiness of the dogs that supervisors know how to handle not just individual dogs, but dogs in a pack.
- We systematically train our staff in a dog pack handling approach similar to that taught by well-known dog whisperer Cesar Millan. This involves using “calm, assertive energy” and other proven techniques to maximize happy interaction among dogs.
- All dogs in our daycare must pass a thorough behavior assessment test, helping to ensure your dog will be playing with other healthy, happy, well-behaved dogs.
Our indoor and outdoor spaces are clean, comfortable, and spacious
- Our space is air conditioned with a comfortable temperature all year round.
- There is fresh water for our dogs at all times.
- We are obsessive about cleanliness. Dogs treat our space like a dog run. When they go, we follow a “30 second rule” for cleaning up on the spot.
- We also have an outdoor patio for dogs who like to bask in the sun.
Maximum convenience for busy professionals
- We are open every day of the year. For hours, see here.
- We are across from Peter Cooper Village, just up the block from Chase Bank on 1st Avenue between 23rd and 24th Streets — steps from the Crosstown M23 bus stop and short walk from the 1st Ave L and the 23rd St 6 subway stops.
- We can pick up and drop off your dog from your home between 9 a.m. to noon and from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Live web cams are available to all users, letting you check in your dog from your computer or mobile phone.
Ready to get started?
Everyone at Happy Dogs is remarkable. My pup practically runs there every morning for daycare!
See all Facebook recommendations